Friday, June 24, 2011

An old Fower Garden Quilt UFO

I put these hexagons together in the 70's. I sewed them togeter by hand using a blanket stitch. I've had the gold for the edge for a long time. Yesterday I decided to work on it. If I get the borders basted on, I can work on it in the evenings.
It's made of heavy cottons and corderoy fabrics.




I also got the backing for my "Dear Jane" quilt. I plan on layering it tonight or tomorrow so I can start quilting it. That one will be by hand! I've spent too much time putting all those little squares together.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your blanket stitch looks so perfect! I've been working on hexagons too, but still making blocks.

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete