Saturday, April 30, 2011

Finishsed UFO

Last weekend I worked on a UFO from my stack of quilt tops. It's a wallhanging I made out of some leftover flying geese blocks and some other scraps. Some quilters call the little pieces "crumbs". I had the backing and the batting alread to go and had sketched a lady blowing the "wind" in the sky. Then it got buried in the pile. I found it and decided I should finish it.

I have been following Leah Day's blog: http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/
for about a year. Lots of interesting designs on Leah's blog. Very inspiring. I went back to the beginning and practiced some of the designs on squares for potholders.

When I found this UFO, I decided to practice on it.



This is a closeup of the "Wind". Click on the picture to see it larger.


A bit of detail of the trees and ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment